PRIVACY STATEMENT AND CONSENT
Simpson Group Insurance Services Inc. values your business and we thank you for your confidence in choosing our firm as your source of advice and products. As our client, you trust us with your personal information. We respect that trust and want you to be aware of our commitment to protect the information you share in the course of doing business with us.
YOUR RIGHTS AS THEY PERTAIN TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
• You have the right to know why an organization collects, uses or discloses your personal information.
• You have the right to expect an organization to handle your information reasonably and to not use it for any other purpose other than the one to which you consented.
• You have the right to know who in an organization is responsible for protecting your information.
• You have the right to expect an organization to protect your information from unauthorized disclosure.
• You have the right to inspect the information an organization holds about you and make sure it is accurate, complete and current.
• You have the right to expect an organization to destroy your information when requested or when no longer required for the intended original purpose.
• You have the right to confidentially complain to an organization about how it handles your information and to the Privacy Commissions of Canada, if need be.
HOW WE COLLECT, USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
When you do business with us, you share personal information so that we may provide you with products and services that best meet your needs.We assume your consent for our firm to use this information in an appropriate manner.
We may use and disclose this information in order to:
• Communicate with you in a timely manner and efficient manner
• Assess your application for investment, insurance and other services available to you by our firm
• Evaluate claims and underwriting risks when required
• Detect and prevent fraud Analyze business results Act as required or authorized by law.
WHAT WE WILL NOT DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell client information to anyone. Nor do we share information with organizations outside of our relationship with you that would use it contact you about their own products or services.
WE STRIVE TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: All employees, associated advisors and suppliers who are granted access to client records understand the need to keep this information protected and confidential. They know they are to use the information only for the purposes intended. This expectation is clearly communicated.
YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES
You may withdraw your consent at any time (subject to legal or contractual obligations and on providing us reasonable notice) by contacting our Privacy Officer. Please be aware that withdrawing your consent may prevent us from providing you with requested products or services. We may occasionally use your personal information to advise you of products or services we believe may be of interest to you or fit your personal circumstances. If you would rather not receive this type of communication, please advise our Privacy Officer.
OUR PRIVACY OFFICER IS
Simpson Group Insurance Services Inc.
Phone (403) 281-4403
Fax (403) 281-4503